Macadamia Lemon Bars. These bars enjoy a lot of compliments among my friends and family. I almost have to make them for all of our get-togethers. In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
They are tart and nutty and so good you will get many rave reviews from this recipe. You may unsubscribe at any time. These lemon bars melt in your mouth. You can have Macadamia Lemon Bars using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macadamia Lemon Bars
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter-melted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped macadamia nuts.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of grated lemon peel.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped macadamia nuts.
- It’s 1 of confectioners sugar.
I used fresh lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. What a yummy combination: lemon and macadamia nuts! Macadamia Coconut Lemon Bars are the result of my first month of participation in the Cookie Carnival – A group of cookie loving food bloggers who test a new recipe each month and then blog about the. The lemon curd filling is extra thick and creamy and sits on an irresistible butter shortbread crust.
Macadamia Lemon Bars instructions
- This recipe is from Taste of Home Magazine..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Large bowl- mix flour, confectioners sugar, sugar, and melted butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts..
- Press into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of greased 8×8 square baking dish. Bake 15-20 min. or until light brown..
- Meanwhile, for filling….small bowl- whisk sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt..
- Beat in eggs, lemon juice, and lemon peel until blended..
- Pour filling mixture over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 10-15 min. or until lightly browned..
- Cool completely. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar..
The tanginess of a lemon bar meets the rich goodness of a white chocolate macadamia cookie in these delicious cookie bars. MORE+ LESS Christine's Kitchen Chronicles: Macadamia Lemon Bars. Cookie Desserts Cookie Recipes Yummy Treats Sweet Treats Liz Lemon Lemon Bars Brownie Bar Dessert Bars Baked Goods. If you LOVE lemon, these Classic Lemon Bars are for you! Tart, velvety lemon curd is balanced by a Lemon bars are to dessert what Tigger is to Winnie the Pooh.