Breakfast Pizza Croissant Crust. What happens when you put a croissant crust on a pizza? You get a pie that is worthy of devouring all by yourself. It also raises the question — since it's part croissant, does this count as breakfast?
The sweet and savory combination make it ideal for your next brunch or for a lazy Sunday breakfast! I still remember my surprise the first time I saw a friend of mine eating a butter croissant filled with ham and cheese. Breakfast pizza is a quick and easy eye-opener that appeals to all ages. —Cathy Shortall, Easton, Maryland. You can have Breakfast Pizza Croissant Crust using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Pizza Croissant Crust
- Prepare 2 packages of Croissant Rolls.
- It’s 1 packages of Breakfast Sausage (I like Jimmy Dean).
- Prepare 2 cup of Shredded (browned) hash browns.
- Prepare 1 packages of Knorr's Hollandaise Sauce.
- It’s 4 oz of sliced or diced Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter/Margarine.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar cheese (or to taste).
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella cheese (or to taste).
Also used crumbled sausage instead of bacon bits, and substituted croissant rolls for the pizza crust, made it more buttery and breakfast-y. Zucchini Crust Breakfast Pizza topped with sliced asparagus, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. The first time I made a veggie crust I ended up with the saddest, soggiest, and most tasteless pizza you could imagine. I did everything wrong and was.
Breakfast Pizza Croissant Crust step by step
- Brown sausage (or bacon) and crumble; drain and set aside..
- Sauté mushrooms and peppers together and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Mix and beat milk and eggs together. Pour in eggs, and cook, stirring constantly until eggs are not runny, set aside. (Do not overcook; eggs will be on the pizza for 20-30 min.).
- Preheat an oven to 400° Unroll crescent dough and place rolls on an ungreased 15? pizza pan with points toward the center. Press seams together and press up sides of pan to form a crust. This is probably the most daunting task of the recipe. Just keep manipulating the dough until it covers the pan. (try to avoid thin spots and DO NOT bunch dough together and roll out) Also, you may end up with a little extra dough. Put pan in pre-heated oven for 5-8 minutes. This will help the center of the dough to be cooked all the way through after pizza is done..
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce according to package directions but only use 2/3 cup milk, not full cup. This will give a thicker sauce. Pour evenly over crescent roll crust. Spread scrambled eggs and rest of toppings evenly over sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese..
- Bake in preheated oven until bottom of crust is lightly browned, about 20-30 minutes..
- Notes: You can add whatever toppings you like. This is good with just eggs, cheese and breakfast meat. :).
Start your day with this Sausage Breakfast Pizza! It uses a pre-made crust that's topped with eggs, Jack cheese and crumbled sausage. Spread salsa evenly onto pizza crust. Sprinkle half of minced green onion on top. Breakfast Pizza is an easy, unexpected crowd favorite for a Sunday brunch, but it comes with a challenge: achieving a crisp, golden-brown crust without overcooking the eggs.