Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce.
You can cook Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 6 tbsp. of unsalted butter, rom temperature and cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt (or more to taste).
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce instructions
- Heat the granulated sugar over medium heat in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. The sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick amber colored liquid as you stir. Careful not to let it burn!.
- Once the sugar is completely melted, add the butter. Be careful, as it will bubble rapidly when the butter is added. Whisk the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes..
- Very slowly and carefully, drizzle in the heavy cream while whisking. Due to the temperature difference, the mixture will rapidly bubble or may splatter. Allow it to boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to cool before using..
- To store, make sure it is covered completely and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It will solidify once cold. Warm the caramel up for a few seconds before using it..