Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon. Salmon fillets are coated with a simple honey mustard glaze and dredged in crispy panko then oven baked. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey and garlic. In a shallow dish toss together Panko bread crumbs, parsley and lemon zest.
Salmon steaks or fillets coated in honey mustard, breaded with Japanese panko crumbs, and baked to perfection. What I love about this way of preparing salmon is that the panko topping seems to hold in the salmon's moisture while roasting, so the salmon doesn't get dried out at all. We coat this simple oven-baked salmon in a delicious buttery panko and pecan mix for extra crispiness. You can cook Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon
- You need 2 (6 oz) of salmon fillets.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
The zing of the mustard pairs deliciously with tender, fatty salmon. And it's too easy to make to not add to your usual dinner rotation—pair it with your favorite green beans. The honey mustard salmon is made similar to our Herb Crusted Salmon recipe, where we add a layer of mustard and our own breadcrumb mixture to Spread the mustard in a thick layer on one side of each salmon filet. Coat the mustard layer with panko mixture and pat to make sure it adheres.
Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside..
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey and garlic..
- In a shallow dish toss together Panko bread crumbs, parsley and lemon zest..
- Drizzle olive oil over bread crumb mixture then toss to evenly coat..
- Working with one piece of salmon at a time, brush top with honey mustard mixture..
- Season with salt and pepper (don't overdue it, you'll be seasoning both sides)..
- Rotate and transfer to bread crumb mixture (the honey mustard should be facing down to get the bread crumb mixture to stick to salmon)..
- Brush top of salmon with honey mustard mixture..
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and rotate to coat with crumb mixture..
- Transfer to baking dish and repeat with remaining salmon fillets..
- Bake in preheated oven 13-15 minutes until salmon has cooked through..
- Serve warm with rice, sautéed spinach and lemon wedges..
Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a board. Garlic Butter Honey Mustard Salmon In Foil is a quick and easy salmon recipe, leaving you with no pans to wash and a juicy salmon for your dinner table Homemade Honey Mustard flavors the salmon and locks in moisture while the panko crust provides a crispy crust that is perfect every time. How To Make Mustard-Crusted Panko Salmon. The beauty of this recipe is two-fold. Restaurant salmon ain't got nuthin on this salmon!