Wiener schnitzel(Viennese veal cutlets). Wiener schnitzel, sometimes spelled Wienerschnitzel, as in Switzerland, is a type of schnitzel made of a thin, breaded, pan-fried veal cutlet. Wiener schnitzel means Viennese cutlet in German. It's made with breaded and fried veal, chicken, or pork cutlets served with fresh lemon juice.
The classic Wiener Schnitzel is a thin breaded, pan-fried veal cutlet. To make the classic Viennese breadcrumb coating: arrange two flat plates and one deep plate next to each other. Put the flour and breadcrumbs in both flat plates and beat the eggs with a shot of milk well in the deep plate. You can have Wiener schnitzel(Viennese veal cutlets) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wiener schnitzel(Viennese veal cutlets)
- It’s 250 g of veal cutlets, very thinly sliced.
- It’s Handful of plain flour.
- You need 2 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare Handful of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper, ground.
- Prepare 5 of large Potatoes.
- It’s 1 table spoon of butter/margarine.
- You need 1 of little milk.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
VIENNA FOODTRIP – Wiener Schnitzel More Viennese recipes: http (The egg becomes too thin if you beat it too much). Lightly coat the cutlets in flour then dip into the egg, and finally, coat in breadcrumbs. Genuine Wiener schnitzels need to be fried in a frying pan, not in a deep fryer. A true Wiener Schnitzel is a breaded cutlet of veal served with a lemon wedge to add some extra zing and if you're luck a side of cranberry sauce.
Wiener schnitzel(Viennese veal cutlets) instructions
- Salt and pepper the slices.
- Pass through the flour, to the beaten eggs then the breadcrumbs, shaking off excess..
- Shallow fry both sides till golden brown..
- Drain on a kitchen paper..
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes, drain..
- Mash and add the margarine and milk and blend to a smooth consistency..
- Serve hot..
Please let me know how this Traditional Wiener Schnitzel (Viennese Veal Cutlet) recipe turned out for you! Wienerschnitzel (Viennese cutlets) recipe: Try this Wienerschnitzel (Viennese cutlets) recipe, or contribute your own. For example, Wiener schnitzel from pork (or turkey or chicken) or Schnitzel nach Wiener Art (Viennese style Schnitzel). What Radetzky probably had was a Cotoletta ala Milanese, which is prepared in the same way as a Wiener schnitzel but with a cutlet of veal with the bone still in. This easy German recipe is one of our favorites.