Steamed Pork With Salted Fish. Steamed Pork Cake with Salted Fish, 咸鱼蒸肉饼 Xián Yú Zhēng Ròu Bing in Mandarin and Hom Yee Jeng Yook Baeng in Cantonese, is a dish my mother used to cook for us often growing up. It's a popular Cantonese dish among older Chinese folks, though Kaitlin enjoys it when we make it. Sarah, on the other hand, isn't much of a fish.
The star ingredient here is the salted fish as that's what gives this dish its unmistakable flavor and fragrance. This is one humble home-cooked dish that brings back nostalgic memories. It is also one of the most well-loved of Cantonese dishes. You can have Steamed Pork With Salted Fish using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Pork With Salted Fish
- Prepare 500 g of lean pork (ground).
- Prepare 1 slice of pork belly (ground).
- It’s of Salted mackerel fish (cut dice).
- Prepare 5 pcs of water chesnut (chopped).
- You need 1/2 pcs of ginger (sliced).
- Prepare 3 of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 3 of spring onion (sliced only the white part).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of shao xing wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of starch.
- It’s 1 of red chilli (sliced).
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
Traditionally, minced pork with some bits of fat is preferred, as the meat patty will be more moist, tender and. Steamed minced pork with salted fish is quite a common dish in Chinese households. The salted fish is an acquired taste and it can be sweet smelling to some while others may simply detest it. There are variations to this dish, some people may use minced pork and others may use thinly sliced pork belly.
Steamed Pork With Salted Fish step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Mix the ground pork, pork belly, water chesnut, garlic, spring onion, and all the sauce..
- Put the salted fish, sliced ginger and chilli on top of it..
- Steam for about 20 minutes.
Using ¼ piece of salted fish, diced the fish finely. Combine the minced meat, diced salted fish and water chestnuts, together with all the rest of the ingredients, except for the sliced ginger and chilies. Use ground pork with a higher fat to meat ratio. The higher the fat content, the juicier the patty. Mix the salted fish into the mince.