Coconut rice and lamb curry. This hearty coconut lamb curry is a bit of fusion but is primarily Indian in flavour. It's very easy to make and can be done in a slow-cooker, Instant Pot or on the stove. Serve with cauliflower rice or regular rice!
To serve, make a bed of coconut rice on each plate and generously top with lamb curry. Serve with a lightly toasted bread like ciabatta to soak up any extra sauce on the plate! When served over rice, they added cucumber chunks mixed with yogurt, tomatoes and onions with vinegar and oil, bananas, coconut, pineapple chunks. You can have Coconut rice and lamb curry using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut rice and lamb curry
- You need of Onion pepper mix.
- You need of Lamb meat.
- You need of Vegetable oil, Plain yoghurt, flour.
- It’s of Seasoning and spices (curry powder, oregano, gram masala, thyme).
- Prepare of Carrot, green beans, red and green peppers, peas, spring onions.
- Prepare of For the coconut rice.
- It’s 1 of whole coconut.
- Prepare of Ginger, black pepper, cumin.
- It’s of Diced carrot and green beans.
- It’s of Cucumber, tomatoes for garnish.
Lamb Coconut Curry, Tender meat in a delicious creamy gravy. Easy dinner that tastes much better than what's served in restuarants. This Lamb Coconut Curry is much better in taste than what you get in Indian restaurants, and I can say so because I never had a better tasting coconut curry dish in. Simple, quick, and so delicious. *An alternative to coconut quinoa would be plain quinoa, millet, coconut rice, or white or brown rice. *Curry slightly adapted from Tyler Florence *Coconut quinoa adapted from Cookie and.
Coconut rice and lamb curry step by step
- Wash and cut meat into small chunks, put on fire with little or no water, season and spice it and let it cook till soft..
- Meat in a separate bowl. In the same pot, fry vegetable oil, onions, garlic ginger paste, peas and the onion pepper mix.
- Pour in the cooked meat and stock, spice and season to taste, add in carrots and green beans. Add half cup yoghurt and simmer.
- To thicken add 2 table spoons of flour in a cup of water mix thoroughly until smooth then add to the soup and mix. Add green pepper, an onion, cover to Cook for 2 more minutes..
- For the rice, parboil and keep aside. Grate or blend coconut, pour water on it and sieve out the water..
- Pour coconut water in a pot, add mashed ginger and black pepper, and cumin. When it begins to boil pour in the rice, add little amount of salt. Add in green beans and carrots. cover to steam. When its done add in spring onions and cover pot to steam..
- Serve, garnish with sliced cucumber and tomatoes. ENJOY!!!.
Coconut Curry Lamb: I love coconut-based Indian curries, and decided to try making one at home. It turns out to be ridiculously easy, and absolutely delicious! In this case I've used chunks of leftover lamb (cooked sous vide by ewilhelm for our potluck) but you c. The lamb curry can be refrigerated overnight; reheat gently before serving. Review Body: This was totally delicious!