Lamb Shanks Stew. Flavorful lamb shanks are first browned and then braised in red wine, stock, and aromatics. Spicy Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash Lamb Shank Stew with Root Vegetables Lamb Shank Stew. Iranian-style Lamb Shanks with Jewelled Rice
Lamb shank was a forgotten cut until celebrity chefs and trendy restaurants brought it back from oblivion. As a result, what was once a very inexpensive cut of meat is now rather less so. Delicious lamb steaks with rosemary sweet potatoes. You can cook Lamb Shanks Stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lamb Shanks Stew
- Prepare 2 3/4 kg of lamb shanks, around 8 pieces.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 5 cups of onions, chopped.
- It’s 4 cups of beef stock.
- You need 2 of Almaza Malt, 33 cl bottles.
- You need 4 of carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- It’s 2 of large potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- It’s 2 of turnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces.
Fresh raw goat meat stew like cuts on black cutting board. Find lamb shank stew stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Remove lamb shanks and set aside. Pour the excess grease from the Dutch oven, reduce heat to medium, and stir in the onions and garlic.
Lamb Shanks Stew instructions
- Heat 6 tablespoons vegetable oil in heavy large pan over high heat..
- Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. Coat lamb with flour; shake off excess. Reserve excess flour..
- Add lamb to the pan in batches and brown well. Using tongs, transfer lamb to bowl. Reduce heat to medium. Add 5 cups chopped onions to the pan and sauté until transluscent, scraping up any browned bits, about 5 minutes..
- Add tomato paste with reserved flour and stir 1 minute..
- Return lamb shanks and any accumulated juices to the pan . Add beef stock and Beer . Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until meat is almost tender, about 1 hour..
- Add carrots, potato and rutabagas to the pan and simmer covered until meat and vegetables are tender and stew thickens slightly, about 40 minutes. Spoon fat from surface of stew..
Cook and stir until the onions have softened and turned. Braised lamb shanks are a thing of beauty and you can make this easy recipe in the dutch oven The braise is so rich and meaty it's almost like a lamb shank stew with the most amazing lamb gravy. Lamb shank meat is extremely tough and full of connective tissue. But it can be the source of very flavorful and When cooked and shredded, serve it in tacos with your favorite toppings. Make a stew! -Lamb shanks cooked with aromatic spices and dried nuts.