Cauliflower-Crusted Quiche. Place cooked cauliflower into a towel and squeeze out as much water as possible. This easy breakfast quiche is the perfect guilt-free recipe to get you through breakfast or brunch fit for a crowd. Featuring a golden brown cauliflower crust filled with ham, cheese, peppers, and eggs, your family will love this hearty, yet light breakfast treat.
After seeing several recipes for cauliflower pizza crusts, I decided to try to make one for quiche. (I just can't bring myself to bake pizza without the soft, chewy crust I usually make!) Surprisingly, I was pleased with the results. A cheesy quiche loaded with veggies, baked in a low-carb, gluten free, and deliciously seasoned cauliflower crust. G. to try out this cauliflower pizza crust I've seen all over the place. You can have Cauliflower-Crusted Quiche using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower-Crusted Quiche
- You need 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- You need 1/2 cup (55 g) of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of salt, divided.
- Prepare 6 of eggs, divided.
- You need 1 cup (240 mL) of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (50 g) of feta cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 8 of spears asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch (2 cm) pieces.
- It’s 4 cups (160 g) of baby spinach.
- You need 4 of green onions, chopped.
Being a baker, my brain is constantly thinking in recipes- my Safari bookmarks, notes in my iPhone, and scribbles in the margins. The cauliflower rice used for the crust is nothing more than cauliflower broken down into rice-size pieces using a food processor, then simmered or sauteed until soft. The cauliflower rice in this quiche recipe allows for a reduction in carbs and no gluten, plus benefits like fiber, vitamin C, potassium and folate. While crust is baking, saute quiche veggies in a pan until softened.
Cauliflower-Crusted Quiche step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)..
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely crumbled..
- Place in microwave-safe dish and microwave for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely..
- Place cooked cauliflower into a towel and squeeze out as much water as possible. Discard liquid..
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl with 1 egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a bowl..
- Press crust mixture evenly into tart plate, making sure to go up the sides of the plate..
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool.#.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (190°C)..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 5 eggs, milk, crumbled feta cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper..
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus pieces and cook until slightly tender..
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted..
- Place asparagus and spinach mixture on the bottom of the cooked cauliflower crust. Pour egg and cheese mixture over the top and sprinkle with green onions..
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until quiche is set and slightly golden..
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving..
Fill prepared crust with sauteed veggies. Pour egg mixture to fill quiche. Cauli"flour" Crusted Quiche with Spinach & Mushrooms. Starchy, ordinary pastry crust gets replaced by a flavor-packed, lower-carb (gluten-free!) veggie version in this eggsquisite quiche recipe. Cauliflower-Crusted Spinach Feta Pie. by MyFitnessPal's Recipes.