Eggless/Vegan Meringue Rainbow Cookies. A sweet treat which was always there in a vegan's list, but only now it could be possible. Let me preach the meringue cookie gospel for a moment here. Meringues are light and airy, with a just-right sweetness, and they melt in your These meringues are made from the leftover liquid from a can of chickpeas, whipped and baked up much like their namesake cousins, but made for vegans.
Vegan Meringue Cookies are made using aquafaba, which is the water that is leftover in a can of chickpeas. Vegan Meringue Cookies can happen in your kitchen with ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard! How to make vegan meringue with aquafaba. You can cook Eggless/Vegan Meringue Rainbow Cookies using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggless/Vegan Meringue Rainbow Cookies
- It’s 1 (400 g) of can chickpeas, Water only.
- It’s 100 gm of castor sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 3-4 of Gel food colours- pink, blue, yellow, green.
Drain the liquid from the chickpeas into a large mixing bowl and Tips for making the perfect vegan meringue. Unless you have a bad batch (?) of aquafaba, it will happen. That's how we make meringue cookies. I have always loved these little Italian Rainbow Cakes.
Eggless/Vegan Meringue Rainbow Cookies instructions
- Add the water drained from the can of chickpeas and cream of tarter into a large bowl and use an electric hand-held or stand mixer to whisk for approximately 5 minutes until it's white and foamy..
- Add the cream of tartar and whisk again for another minute..
- While continuing to beat, gradually add in the sugar. Once all the sugar has been added, continue to beat to stiff peaks on medium speed, 5 to 7 minutes more..
- Now divide the meringue in 3-4 parts and add desired colors in each bowl. Mix gently..
- Transfer the meringue to a piping bag fitted with a star piping tip. Pipe the meringue onto the baking sheet into 1-inch rounds..
- Bake until completely dry to the touch, about 1-1 1/2 hour. After baking, turn the oven off and leave them to cool in the oven for at least another hour..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days..
I looked forward to them each Christmas as they were brought to us by friends. I find that any vegan cookie / cake I make bakes way longer than the original recipe states. Eggless Cooking says This easy meringue cookie recipe can easily be flavored, colored and piped into many different shapes. So easy to make and tastes like toasted Meringue Cookie Recipe. How to make crispy crunchy rainbow meringue cookies.