Lamb and spinach curry. A classic lamb and spinach Indian curry – this would make a great economical, and much tastier, alternative to a Friday night take away. Add the lamb and keep cooking and stirring until browned. When lightly browned, add the marinated lamb and stir well until lamb has begun to fry.
The chapatis are simple to make and freeze well. Just before serving, add the spinach, fenugreek and garam masala to the lamb, stir and cover. This lamb curry is made by slow cooking lamb shanks and chunks of lamb shoulder in a flavorful curry base with chopped apple, potatoes, onions, garlic, lemon, and raisins until it is fall apart tender. You can cook Lamb and spinach curry using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb and spinach curry
- You need 600 g of lamb neck.
- You need 100 g of diced spinach.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 of curry leaves.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes finely diced.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- It’s 1 tbs of fresh grated ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground peppercons.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Rajah curry powder Mild.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of cooking oil.
- You need of salt.
Pressure Cooker Saag Tofu (Indian Spinach and Tofu). A simple Lamb and spinach curry recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. Remove from the heat and stir through the spinach until wilted. Cook as instructed and allow to cool completely.
Lamb and spinach curry instructions
- Heat your pan and add 3Tbs of oil, curry leaves, turmeric powder,Rajah curry powder, ground peppercorns and allow to sizzle..
- Add the ginger, garlic, onions, paprika and salt. Fry until light brown..
- Add in the lamb and fry until it changes colour..
- Add the tomatoes and bay leaves. Let them cook down for about 15mins. Add a cup of warm water and cook for an hour stirring occasionally..
- When the lamb is just cooked add diced spinach and cook for an additional 10mins or until spinach is cooked..
- Serve with rice or bread..
My physiotherapist (also known as prime torturer) suggested that I get a deep tissue massage for my shoulders and neck, but stay away from the occipital region or I could get massive headaches or dizziness. Lamb adds plenty of protein to this dish, while spinach provides a rich source of iron, which is integral in helping blood transport oxygen. Pair this curry with brown rice to add fiber and more texture. Spray a large pan (or wok) with oil. Add all the spices and cook for a couple of minutes.