Gluten-Free Breaded Fried Chicken Tenders. Your secret ingredient for these homemade chicken tenders is Progresso™ plain or Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs. Panko breadcrumbs are what give these breaded chicken tenders such a light, crunchy coating. The result is more like the kind of chicken tenders you can order at a restaurant.
But KFC-style fried chicken that really really does taste like KFC? I should have seen that one coming a mile away. But as much as I will forever sing the When I switched up the method and altered the spices a bit and took a chance with a healthy gluten free baked "fried" chicken, I found I could make. You can cook Gluten-Free Breaded Fried Chicken Tenders using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Breaded Fried Chicken Tenders
- It’s 4 lb. of Chicken Tenders, trimmed.
- You need 3 of Eggs, large, well-beaten.
- It’s 1 Cup of Milk (or original Almond Milk).
- You need 1/4 Cup of Dill Pickle Juice.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1-2/3 Cups of Gluten Free Flour (recommend Bob's Red Mill 1 for 1 or Domata Recipe Ready).
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1 of + Tbs. Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/8-1/4 tsp. of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 3-4 Quarts of Canola or Vegetable Oil (for frying).
Not mechanically chopped or separated, our gluten free chicken tenders have no fillers or extenders. They're lightly breaded with gluten free breading and flash fried for your convenience. Flash fried in organic expeller pressed soybean oil to set breading. This moist & tender chicken is reminiscent of gluten-free fried chicken, but without the frying!
Gluten-Free Breaded Fried Chicken Tenders instructions
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, pickle juice, 2 Tbs. canola oil, 1 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper. Beat vigorously for about 1 minute until pale yellow and foamy..
- Add all the chicken tenders to the wet mixture. Churn with hands for about 1 minute to work mix into the tenders. Let sit for 10-15 minutes..
- In a large bowl or dish, combine gluten-free flour, corn starch, 1 heavy tablespoon kosher salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, backing powder, cayenne pepper, and ground coriander. Wisk until well blended..
- Heat 3-4 quarts of frying oil in a heavy pot or Dutch oven to 350° F..
- Working in small batches of 6-7 tenders, bread the tenders. Use one hand to pick up tenders from the wet mixture. Allow to drip and place in the dry mixture. Use opposite hand to coat the tender until fully covered. Gently shake off excess flour and place straight into fry oil..
- Fry small batch of tenders for 6-7 minutes until golden brown. Lower tenders into the oil gently and slowly, so not to splash hot oil or knock off breading..
- Remove tenders to a wire rack over sheet pan to drip and cool. Keep in warming oven (140-170° F) between batches and until ready to serve..
You'll save a ton of calories in this baked version of gluten-free breaded chicken. These gluten free baked chicken tenders are the perfect example. The recipe is a classic you can come back to again and again. While you might have relied on panko before going gluten free, I've found that I can STILL get that awesome crispy texture by toasting my breadcrumbs before breading. Gluten-free chicken tenders are coated with almond flour, then fried in avocado oil until golden brown and delightfully crispy.