You can cook Challah Bread using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Challah Bread
- It’s 8 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Warm water.
- You need 1 packages of Yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Honey.
- You need 4 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
Challah Bread step by step
- Let yeast dissolve in warm water for about five minutes..
- Whisk in honey, oil, salt, and 2 of the 3 eggs..
- Add one cup of flour at a time, mixing as you go..
- Turn onto floured surface, kneading until smooth and elastic. You may need to add up to a half cup more of flour..
- Place in oiled bowl for one and a half hours..
- Punch dough out and separate into two equal balls. Knead each ball for five minutes..
- Separate each ball into three logs, about an inch thick in diameter..
- Pinch the ends of the logs together and braid the dough. Pinch the ends and tuck under. You can leave it as is, or you can wrap it around like a braided circle..
- Let sit for one hour..
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush the remaining egg on top and put in oven for 20-30 minutes..
- NOTE: It may taste like plain white bread when you first take it out, but if you let it sit for a little, you will get the egg bread taste..