Chef john's sweet potato casserole. Sweet potato casserole flavored with maple syrup has a crunchy topping of pistachios and brown sugar for a side dish that's perfect for holiday meals. Reviews for: Photos of Chef John's Sweet Potato Casserole. Of all the traditional Thanksgiving side dishes, sweet potato casserole scares me the most.
You can prepare your sweet potatoes for using in the casserole by baking or boiling them. The method is really based on personal preference. Remove your casserole from oven and serve! You can cook Chef john's sweet potato casserole using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chef john's sweet potato casserole
- You need of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 3 large of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 1/3 cup of homo milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground allspice.
- You need 1 lb of cayenne.
- It’s of pistachio crust.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped roasted salted pistachios.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallow Topping. If you are adding mini marshmallows to the topping. This Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole uses fresh sweet potatoes, is naturally sweet, dense, and crunchy. Say hello to your new favorite Thanksgiving side that just so happens to be super Easy, Clean-Eating, Paleo, and Gluten-Free!
Chef john's sweet potato casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2qt baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potato cubes into large pot. Bring to boil until knife is easily inserted into cube, about 10 min. Drain well..
- Return to pot and mash 2 tablespoons butter into sweet potatoes..
- Whisk eggs, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract, cayenne pepper, allspice, and 1/2 tsp of salt together in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually mash sweet potatoes into egg mixture until all sweet potatoes are incorporated. Transfer sweet potatoes into baking dish..
- Mix pistachios, brown sugar, flour and 1/4 cup melted butter together until completely mixed. Press pistachio mixture down on sweet potatoes..
- Bake in preheated oven until topping is browned and casserole is set, 25-30 min..
I first tried Sweet Potato Casserole when Dustin and I were newly. Sweet Potato Casserole with irresistible crunchy pecan topping. This sweet potato bake is smooth and puffs up while baking. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower Whisk together the butter, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.