Keema Matar / Minced Lamb & Peas. Mash the garlic and grate the ginger. Although I use lamb minced meat for this recipe, you can always use beef if you prefer. But I won't use chicken minced meat though.
Easy Recipes with Shahida Brings you great Healthy Easy Recipes for all the family to try. This Minced Lamb with Peas recipe is easy to make and can be made either on the stove or a pressure cooker. Easy to cook and delicious Keema Matar recipe. You can cook Keema Matar / Minced Lamb & Peas using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Keema Matar / Minced Lamb & Peas
- It’s 2 of brown onions finely chopped.
- You need 1 kg of minced lamb.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 10 inches of ginger finely chopped.
- You need 2 of fresh chillis chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need Handful of peas.
It's a simple recipe of keema matar to light your dining table. Keema (aka kheema or qeema) is a flavorful minced meat (beef or lamb) dish said to have originated in Persia but extremely popular in the Indian sub-continent. Other meats such as mutton, chicken or turkey can also be used in this recipe. Try this delicious version with matar or mutter (green peas).
Keema Matar / Minced Lamb & Peas step by step
- Place all ingredients into a large pot. After 10 mins of cooking, get a masher and gently break apart the minced lamb. After 40 mins of cooking time, cook with the lid off for 10 mins at a high heat to disperse any liquid. Add Peas and cook for 5 mins..
You'll be surprised how easy it is to make. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off excess grease, and set meat aside. Here's hoping this Classic Keema Matar becomes another favourite with you all! A delicious quick and easy Lamb Keema recipe.