Carrot and walnut cake (vegan). Moist, rich vegan carrot cake with a wholesome flavor and gorgeous color. Topped with lemon buttercream frosting and crushed walnuts. So go on, have your vegan carrot cake and eat it too, while feeling saintly about your good choices 🙂.
I can't tell you this cake is healthy, raw, or gluten-free, but I "Where's the [pineapple/raisins/walnuts]?", you might be asking. I don't really enjoy mix-ins in my carrot cake. For me, cake = tender, and nothing. You can cook Carrot and walnut cake (vegan) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot and walnut cake (vegan)
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of spelt flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 250 g of carrots, grated – usually 4-5 carrots but of course depends on size.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need of baked in a 450g / 1lb cake tin.
This moist, perfectly spiced vegan carrot cake recipe is SO delicious and easy to make! Top it with vegan cream cheese frosting or enjoy it on its own. I make this vegan carrot cake recipe for Jack's birthday each year. Stir the carrots into the dry ingredients, along with the maple syrup and rapeseed oil, and mix well.
Carrot and walnut cake (vegan) step by step
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line the tin with baking paper..
- In a bowl mix the oil, sugar and apple sauce..
- In a different bowl, mix all the dry ingredients except for the walnuts and carrots..
- Make a little dip in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the oil mixture in. Stir until all mixed together..
- Add the walnuts and carrots and mix again..
- Pour the mix into the tin and bake for about 1 hr 15mins… Test if it’s ready by putting a skewer into the middle, when it comes out clean… the cake is done..
- Once baked, let it cool in the tin for 10-15 mins then turn it out onto a cooling rack. And it’s ready to eat! Enjoy 😋.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin, smooth the top with a rubber. Nigella's carrot cake with ginger and walnuts is a twist on the classic – not too much icing, not too sweet. Just right with a cup of tea. Vegan Carrot Cake, perfectly spiced and incredibly moist. Once you realize how easy this carrot cake is to make, you will find yourself making it over and over again!