Vickys Chocolate Chip Brioche-Style Crown, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can have Vickys Chocolate Chip Brioche-Style Crown, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Chocolate Chip Brioche-Style Crown, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- You need of bread flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of dry active yeast.
- You need of dairy free spread / butter.
- You need of warm rice milk.
- It’s of mashed potato, this replaces 2 large eggs.
- Prepare of dairy free choc chips, I use the Moo-Free brand.
- It’s of pure olive oil mixed with 1 tsp rice milk.
- It’s of melted spread / butter for glazing.
Vickys Chocolate Chip Brioche-Style Crown, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Put the first 8 ingredients in your bread maker on a short dough cycle, around 45 minutes usually.
- If doughing by hand, mix the yeast with the warm water and sugar and leave to react for a few minutes, then mix in the mashed potato, melted butter and salt before gradually adding the flour and choc chips.
- Knead for 10 minutes then place in an oiled bowl to rise for an hour covered with a cloth before deflating the dough.
- Split the dough into 8 balls. Brioche looks like a ball with a little ball balancing on top. My kids say they look like ladies bazooms lol, so instead I shape mine like cinnamon rolls!.
- Place your shapes side by side on a greased pan. For the 'crown' effect place them around in a circle, one in the middle, then a row around that. You will need 6 for that with 2 left over.
- Cover loosly with tin foil and sit in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F.
- Brush the tops of the brioche with the oil/milk mix then cover back up loosly with the foil so they don't brown too much in the oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and bake, still covered for another 15 – 20 minutes. The buns should sound hollow when tapped if they're ready.
- Brush with the 2 tsp melted butter as soon as they come out of the oven. Remove from the tray after 5 mins and set on a wire rack to cool.