Chocolate Chip Brioche. Chocolate Chip Brioche starts with a fairly firm dough but as you knead in the butter, it gets softer and softer until it's more like a batter. Your hands (or your kid's hands) will be a bit of a mess but that's ok. The resulting chocolate chip brioches flew off the cooling rack faster than any I've ever made.
These are my ultimate Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies. Crisply golden, with molten flecks and chewy middles. Tear and share chocolate chip brioche. You can cook Chocolate Chip Brioche using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Brioche
- You need 75 ml of milk, at tepid or room temperature.
- It’s 15 grams of dried active yeast.
- Prepare 500 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fine salt.
- You need 6 medium of eggs.
- You need 350 grams of butter, cubed at room temperature.
- You need 30 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 1 of egg yolk, beaten.
- Prepare 100 grams of chocolate chips.
Imported from France. *Quantities are limited. Make the brioche: Whisk the milk and yeast together in a small dish until the yeast has dissolved. The Chocolate Chip Brioche recipe isn't your typical brioche bread. We are using the Japanese Milk Bread, we made in the previous video.
Chocolate Chip Brioche step by step
- put the milk into a jug and whisk in the yeast..
- Put the flour, salt and eggs into a bowl. Mix with your hands and then pour in the milk and yeast mix. Begin to knead the mix for about 2-3mins..
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together. Add a bit of the butter to the dough, knead the dough to combine the butter. Continue adding the butter bit by bit as you knead until you get an elasticy, amalgamated and glossy dough..
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to stand at room temperature for 2 hours..
- Beat down the dough, lift out of bowl and throw back into the bowl.. Do this a few times..
- Recover the bowl and refridgerate for about 6 hours or more if you wish. Do not exceed 24 hours..
- The dough is now ready to go split in half as the dough can make two loaves. Either freeze one or prepare two tins as follows..
- Generously butter a loaf tin..
- Pour some olive oil on the counter. Take the dough and flatten slightly with your hands..
- Sprinkle over choc chips, fold and flatten slightly, fold again and repeat until all choc chips are added..
- Place in the tin, cover and place in the fridge for 20-25mins..
- Pre-heat an oven to 220°c / 200°c fan..
- Brush the beaten yolk over the top of the dough..
- Bake in oven for 10mins, reduce the heat to 190°c / 170°c fan. Bake for a further 25-30mins or until cooked through..
- Remove and let stand for 5mins before removing from the tin..
Try your new favourite viennoiserie: delicious brioche filled with cream and chocolate chips! Follow Chef Philippe's step-by-step, illustrated recipe and indulge with Swiss brioche for breakfast. Croissants, bread, chocolate chip brioche rolls, panettone and Christmas cake are just a few that spring to mind. To celebrate I purchased some Chocolate Chip Brioche rolls and am eating them at my desk for breakfast as we speak. So many wasted years not eating Chocolate Chip Brioche.