Vegan Sausage Patties.
You can cook Vegan Sausage Patties using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Sausage Patties
- It’s 1/2 cup of TVP.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oat or wheat bran.
- You need 1 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- You need 1 Tbsp of ground flax seeds, optional.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed sage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of or two of cayenne, optional.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of blackstrap molasses.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
Vegan Sausage Patties step by step
- Stir together TVP and boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes..
- Add flour, bran, and dry spices; stir to incorporate..
- In a measuring cup, measure out water; add liquid smoke directly to the cup and stir (this way the smoke will be evenly distributed)..
- Add water mixture and remaining liquids to dry; mix well..
- With your hands, form mixture into ½" thick patties..
- Heat a quarter inch of oil in a cast iron pan..
- When oil is hot, fry patties for a couple of minutes on each side, until golden..
- Repeat last step with remaining batter, adding more oil each round as necessary..
- Serve hot..