You can have Meatball Stroganoff using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatball Stroganoff
- You need 1 of FOR MEATBALLS.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground meatloaf mix, which is a, mix of ground beef, pork and veal.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fine minced onion.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 oz of grated mixed cheese, I used parmesan, romano and asiago.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh bread crumbs.
- You need 3 tbsp of heavy cream.
- You need 8 oz of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 large of beaten egg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dryed thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1 of FOR SAUCE.
- You need 12 oz of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 4 of shallots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brandy, optinal but adds alot of flavor.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of soft butter mixed with 2 tablespoons flour to blend well..
- Prepare 8 oz of bow tie pasta, or your favorite pasta cooked and drained.
Meatball Stroganoff instructions
- MAKE MEATBALLS.
- In a small bowl mix fresh bread crumbs and heavy cream to a soft paste, set aside.
- Combine remaining meatball ingredients add soaked bread and any liquid if remaining. mix well, mixture will be quite soft. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to a day in advance. This makes for easier meatball forming..
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375.
- Form meat mixture into 11/2 inche balls, place on baking sheet, without touching each other. Bake for 30 minutes.
- MAKE SAUCE.
- In very large skillet or dutch oven film bottom with olive oil, add mushrooms, shallots and garlic, cover and cook on medium until, ushrooms give off their liquid, uncover and cook a few minutes until light golden. Add brandy off heat, return to heat and carefully reduce until almost all gone. Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and hot sauce, bring to a boil, add cooked meatballs, cover lower heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, add sour cream, mix well, add parsley, simmer on low 5 minutes. At this point if you want the sauce thicker add pea size bits of butter/flour mixture adding only enough to get to desired thickness..
- Serve over bow tie pasta. Great with a green salad..