Heidi's Christmas Cous Cous Salad.
You can have Heidi's Christmas Cous Cous Salad using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Heidi's Christmas Cous Cous Salad
- It’s 2 cup of cous cous.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken or vegetable stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of spanish/red onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 of cloves garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 of juice of 2-3 lemons.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pistachio nuts, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of craisins (dried cranberries).
- You need 1/4 of bunch mint, roughly chopped.
Heidi's Christmas Cous Cous Salad step by step
- Bring stock to boil, take off heat and add in cous cous. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to absorb all liquid, add in the butter and fluff up with a fork and set aside.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Place the cous cous in a bowl, stir through pistachios, craisins, onion and mint and as you're stirring it, drizzle through the juice mixture. Serve as a tasty side. Note: it's super quick if you crush the garlic in the food processor, followed with the onion and then the nuts.