Vegan Orange and Chocolate cake. This week, I'm venturing into new territory again. I did start this blog as a journal to challenge myself and bake new recipes. This time, it's my first Vegan Cake.
This chocolate orange cake is moist, fluffy and it has an intense chocolate flavor, so you'll love it and you'll can't stop to eat. It's also vegan and If you like chocolate as much as we do, you can't live without trying this cake, at least once in your life! It's the perfect vegan and gluten-free chocolate cake. You can have Vegan Orange and Chocolate cake using 12 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Orange and Chocolate cake
- Prepare 3/4 cup of All Purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Whole Wheat Pastry flour.
- It’s 1and1/2cup of Cane sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cocoa powder(Dutch).
- You need 1/16 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Almond milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Any neutral flavored.
- It’s as needed of oil.
- It’s 2 of Oranges with skin and pulp (boiled whole for 45mins).
Keyword: gluten-free chocolate orange cake, vegan chocolate orange cake, vegan christmas dessert. Taste and adjust ingredients as necessary – add more maple syrup for sweetness, more salt for saltiness, more cocoa powder for chocolate flavour etc. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. My vegan Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake not only satisfied that intense craving, but it did not pinch my conscience.
Vegan Orange and Chocolate cake instructions
- Cook whole oranges in boiling water for 45mins, remove pips.
- Cut the cooked whole oranges, put into a blender to give smooth paste. Remove into a bowl, it cool down.
- Preheat oven to 180degreesC.
- Prepare 9inch round cake tin with parchment paper at base.
- Coat remaining inner surface with bit of oil.
- Dry mix- Whisk, measure and sift dry ingredients into bowl of standing mixer.
- Wet mix- Add the vinegar to the almond milk, let it clabber.
- Add oil to almond milk and whisk.
- Add wet mix to the dry mix at medium speed.
- Add the orange pulp mix to the batter.
- Pour into prepared cake tin.
- 12. Bake on centre shelf for 45 mins or till the wooden pick in the centre comes out clean and cake has separated from sides of tin.
- Remove from oven and let it rest in cake tin for 10 mins.
- Remove from cake tin onto cooling rack.
- Serve with some vegan ice cream or just as is.
- All the best!!!.
- That’s the last slice😍.
- No butter or eggs and yet so moist and light!.
- Enjoy this delicious chocolate orange cake.
This cake is a perfect treat for any little 'uns you have around the house. Mine was so excited just by the sight of the sumptuous bundt, he asked for a slice, guzzled it up, then asked for. This vegan chocolate cake sparkles with the flavor of oranges. No one will believe it's fat-free! Spray a Bundt cake pan with non-stick spray and dust it lightly with unsweetened cocoa.