Vickys Double Chocolate & Raspberry Squares GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN.
You can cook Vickys Double Chocolate & Raspberry Squares GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Double Chocolate & Raspberry Squares GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN
- You need of Base.
- It’s 100 grams of gluten-free oats.
- It’s 180 grams of medjool dates, pitted.
- It’s 30 grams of cocoa powder.
- It’s 130 grams of whole almonds or 80g ground almonds.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 2 of ripe avocados, peeled & pitted.
- Prepare 60 grams of cocoa powder.
- It’s 90 grams of medjool dates, pitted.
- You need 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Topping.
- It’s 160 grams of raspberries.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of chai seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of maple or agave syrup to taste.
Vickys Double Chocolate & Raspberry Squares GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN instructions
- Blend the dates for the base to a smooth paste in your food processor/blender and set to one side.
- Grind the oats and almonds to a fine crumb in the blender and add the cocoa powder and the date paste along with the almond and vanilla extracts.
- Process until the mixture starts to come together in a large ball. You may need 1 or 2 tbsp of water depending on how moist your dates are. The mixture should be a little moist but not wet. Add a little maple syrup or agave to sweeten if desired.
- Press the mixture in a lined, 8 inch square tray. Press flat with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Blend or mash the avocados to a smooth puree and set to one side. Blend the dates to a paste and add back in the avocado. Blitz to combine.
- Add in the oil, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Process until combined. Scrape down the sides of the blender as required to ensure it all mixes together well. Sweeten with agave or maple syrup if required.
- Spread the filling over the base, smoothing over the surface with the back of a spoon. Return the tray to the fridge to set.
- Put all ingredients for the topping in a pot, bring to the boil, and reduce to a simmer for about ten minutes.
- Place in a bowl to cool a bit, add agave to taste, then let set in the fridge for about 30 minutes before spreading on top of the other two layers.
- Leave the tray in the fridge to set for 4 – 6 hours. Slice into 9 squares. Will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serve with a few fresh raspbereies and some of my coconut or cashew cream for a delicious dessert!.