Walnut Crusted Chicken with Mustard Mushroom Creme Sauce. I added walnuts to enhance the chicken flavor, and I added garlic to the mustard sauce for a bit of added flavor. I actually prefer this with more walnuts than Arrange chicken pieces in the the baking pan, turning to be sure all pieces are well coated with the nutty broth sauce. This walnut crusted chicken with a mustard sauce is fantastic served over spinach.
Chicken breasts smothered in a creamy mustard sauce. This dish is unbelievably quick and easy! I found this recipe for Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce in a newly purchased cookbook, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast (from the kitchen's of Martha. You can cook Walnut Crusted Chicken with Mustard Mushroom Creme Sauce using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Walnut Crusted Chicken with Mustard Mushroom Creme Sauce
- Prepare of chicken.
- You need 1 of boneless skineless chicken breast.
- It’s 2 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts.
- It’s 2 of eggs with 1tspn water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of course ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of Montreal chicken seasoning.
- You need of sauce.
- You need 1 can of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 pints of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable herbs"seasoning".
- You need 1 of mozzarella cheese optional.
- Prepare 1 of asparagus optional.
This is a Rachael Ray recipe I found in a cookbook and on her website. It's the perfect healthy, flavorful weeknight dinner. The chicken and sauce were fabulous. I added a tablespoon of butter just to give the sauce a little I had sauteed garlic, onion, and mushrooms so I decided to deglaze for the first time.
Walnut Crusted Chicken with Mustard Mushroom Creme Sauce instructions
- slice chicken in halfs add to a bag and pound out to a thinner consistency. once done season both sides of chicken with montreal & pepper seasoning..
- add bread crumbs, and finely chopped walnuts to a bowl with garlic salt set aside.
- scramble eggs with water set aside.
- add a little olive oil at a time to pan on med high heat. dip seasoned chicken into egg then into bread crumbs add to hot pan cook about 6-8 minutes per side..
- Sauce: in the same pan u cooked chicken add butter & mushrooms cook, pinch of salt & pepper cook down about 12 minutes take out of pan. Now add broth, heavy cream & all other ingredients.taste to your liking adjusting as needed cook down about 10minutes on med high heat, add mushrooms back in cook another 10minutes till sauce thickens..
- if your wanting cheese on chicken add then place into 425°F oven about 6minutes. I cooked asparagus with just butter & olive oil.and assembled.Enjoy!.
How to Make Pretzel Crusted Chicken Grind pretzels in a food processor to resemble coarse breadcrumbs. If you loved this Pretzel Crusted Chicken I would appreciate it so much if you would. A quick mustard cream pan sauce is made to pour on top. After hitting up my favorite Italian Just look at that Parmesan Crusted Chicken! I opted for a cream sauce and Dijon mustard was my first choice to punch up.