Fruit salad. Fruit salad is a dish consisting of various kinds of fruit, sometimes served in a liquid, either their own juices or a syrup. In different forms, fruit salad can be served as an appetizer, a side salad. Because this simple dressing takes strawberries, raspberries, and mangoes to a whole new level.
It's easy to mix together a variety of fruits that will make a refreshing, flavorful side or dessert. Give friends a taste of the tropics on warm summer days with this refreshing fruit blend. For a little extra punch, you might add a splash of coconut rum. You can cook Fruit salad using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fruit salad
- It’s of fruit.
- It’s 1/2 large of coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 large of pineapple.
- You need 2 large of peaches.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of nuts.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of almonds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pistachio nuts, salted.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cashew nuts.
- Prepare of dressing.
- It’s 14 1/2 oz of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of dried mint leaves.
- It’s of topping.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of unsweet extra dark Hershey cocoa powder.
Fresh fruit is colorful and nutritious. Thrown into a fruit salad, it becomes the perfect take-along dish for parties, picnics and potlucks. This refreshing fruit salad can be made in advance and won't oxidise and go brown. But the term "fruit salad" has long been abused by those who believe that tasteless honeydew + unripe cantaloupe + rock hard grapes = something worth eating.
Fruit salad step by step
- Mix the coconut milk, crumbled mint, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Set aside. And chill in refrigerator..
- If you use fresh peel and slice the pineapple. Crack the coconut and take out the fruit, its hard to remove from the shell I also drained the coconut water. I left the skin on the peaches..
- Rinse and dry the coconut fruit. Toast the coconut.
- Shave half a cup of the coconut. Grate half a cup and leave some in chunks. Cut the pineapple and peaches into bite sized pieces. Add salt. Mix all these fruits together..
- Toast the walnuts, cashews, almonds and pistachios. Mix the nuts with the fruit..
- Add the dressing to the salad. Sprinkle the coca powder on top. Serve hope you enjoy! I chilled my dressing overnight.
It's high time to reclaim this territory with. Serve fruit salad inside hollowed-out fruit for a dish that doubles as a centerpiece. Not to mention, one less bowl to clean later. Get the recipe from The Cookie Rookie ». Whip up a fresh fruit salad for breakfast or as a light dessert with yogurt or cream.