Walnut Crusted Baked Brie. All Reviews for Raspberry Walnut Baked Brie. And then there is this Walnut-Crusted Brie Mac and Cheese with Apples; it is the definition of fall. Today, I opened all the windows, threw on my favorite sweater, and spent the afternoon whipping this up – it was the most glorious chilly afternoon.
Make the best Baked Brie with Nut Crust with this easy recipe. Find thousands of free, expert-tested, printable recipes on HowStuffWorks.com. Transfer chopped nuts to shallow dish or pie plate. You can cook Walnut Crusted Baked Brie using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Walnut Crusted Baked Brie
- Prepare 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of wedge of Brie cheese (7-8 oz piece).
- You need 1 of apple slices and crackers.
Combine egg and cream in another shallow dish; whisk until well blended. Dip Brie (rind on) into egg. Delicious Apple and Cherry Chutney is served atop walnut-crusted Brie and baguette toasts. Rate this recipe Transfer to walnut mix and turn to coat with nuts, gently pressing to ensure coverage.
Walnut Crusted Baked Brie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prep a baking sheet with a light spray/oil..
- Crush walnuts. I throw the walnuts in a ziploc bag and go over it a few times with a rolling pin. Pour crushed walnuts onto a plate or dish large enough to fit wedge of brie. (A pasta bowl works perfect).
- In another dish (large enough to fit wedge of brie)crack egg and gently beat..
- Dip brie (with rind on) – into egg – thoroughly coating all sides..
- Dip brie into crushed walnuts – pressing nuts into cheese – focus on sides and bottom. Move cheese to baking sheet and press remainder of walnuts onto top of cheese and sides..
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes. Cheese should be soft and start to swell a bit on sides. Do not over bake..
- Serve immediately with apple slices & crackers. Enjoy : ).
Baked Brie should win some kind of prize for Most Impressive Looking Appetizer that Took Almost No Work to Prepare. It's such a life saver to have on hand. You can do so much with it…turn it into cookies, cheese straws, tarte crust, etc. in a pinch. Bake until the top is browned and the sides are. Reduced-fat crescent roll dough forms bite-sized cups that hold a delicious combination of walnuts, brie cheese and blueberries.