Veal Scallopini Piccata.
You can cook Veal Scallopini Piccata using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veal Scallopini Piccata
- It’s 4 of Veal Cutlets, lightly salt & pepper each side.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Thinly sliced ham, cut into the size of each cutlet.
- You need of Thinly sliced Provolone Cheese, cut into size of each cutlet.
- It’s 1 lb of Spaghetti.
- It’s 1 of Onion, diced.
- You need 4 Cloves of Fresh Garlic, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 Tbl of Capers.
- Prepare 1 of Small Eggplant, diced into quarter inch cubes.
- You need 4 of Large Eggs.
- You need of Italian Flavored Bread Crumbs.
- You need of Juice from one Large Lemon.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) of can of Diced Roasted Tomatoes, Drained.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can of Crushed Roasted Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 c of Chicken Stock.
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (EVOO).
- It’s of Vegetable Oil.
Veal Scallopini Piccata instructions
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tbl EVOO on medium high heat.
- Add Diced Onion, sauté til translucent.
- Add Sliced Garlic, Crushed Red Pepper, half of Parsley, 1 tsp salt, and Eggplant, and lemon juice, sauté for 5-7min at medium heat.
- Add Chicken Stock, Diced Tomatoes, and Crushed Tomatoes and capers, lower heat to a simmer.
- Bring a Large Pot of Water to Boil, then add pasta, and cook as instructed on package, reserve 1/2c pasta water, then strain pasta.
- In a shallow dish, beat 4-eggs.
- In a second shallow dish, add about 1/4 inch layer of bread Crumbs.
- In Second Large Skillet, Heat about 1/2 inch layer of Vegetable Oil on medium high heat.
- Placed Cutlets into Egg mixture, then spread flat onto Bread Crumbs, sprinkle additional bread crumbs over top of cutlets for even coat.
- Carefully add breaded cutlets into vegetable oil, fry til a golden brown then turn over..
- While 2nd side is cooking place a slice of Ham, and a slice of provolone on top of each cutlet, once golden brown place cutlets on a plate line with paper towel in a single layer.
- Add Pasta water to Sauce.
- Plate Pasta, add Sauce to pasta, then add a cutlet to each plate, sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve and enjoy.