Coconut Crusted Chicken (Whole30). As I've mentioned, my cravings are completely gone, but, I'm missing cream in my morning coffee and a slice of pizza on Friday nights. The options for delicious food that. I think you could replace the coconut flakes with cashews and vice versa.
Coat each chicken strip in the coconut flour, then dunk in the egg and coconut milk mixture and finally coat in the shredded coconut. Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with a wire rack. Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders Meal Prep. You can have Coconut Crusted Chicken (Whole30) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Crusted Chicken (Whole30)
- It’s 1 lb of ground chicken.
- It’s 1 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of almond flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of almond flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sea salt and pepper.
Your baked coconut chicken tenders are going to be the crispiest when served fresh. There's really no way around that. However, if you'd like to make them up ahead of time you can absolutely do that, too. There are two ways you can do this and still have your paleo coconut chicken come out well.
Coconut Crusted Chicken (Whole30) step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet..
- Combine 1/2 cup almond flour, shredded coconut, salt and pepper and mix in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground chicken, 1/3 cup almond flour, onion powder, garlic, paprika, sea salt, pepper and egg yolk..
- Melt coconut oil in pan..
- Roll chicken into balls and roll in shredded coconut bowl, flatten into patty..
- Repeat making about 10 patties..
- Brown patties in the pan with coconut oil (3 to 4 mins)..
- Transfer patties to baking sheet and cook through (20 to 25 mins)..
Mix dry ingredients in a paper bag. Dredge the chicken pieces in egg, then toss in the paper bag. Shake until the chicken is coated. Pan sear each piece of chicken for a couple minutes. Ahh a recipe that makes you feel like a kid again.