Kunafeh with nuts. Variations of kunafeh are popular throughout the region, bordering on obsession. Start your kunafeh excursion at Habibah. Chop knafeh dough with a sharp knife.
Like many other middle eastern recipes, there is more than one way to. Kunafeh, also spelt varyingly as kanafeh and knafe, is a Middle Eastern sweet made from shredded filo pastry (called Kataifi/Qatayfi pastry) stuffed with delicious gooey cheese drenched in scented sugar. Ramadan's most iconic treat of the Middle Ofcourse I didn't love it as much when I was younger because…NUTS! You can have Kunafeh with nuts using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kunafeh with nuts
- You need of For kunafeh mix:.
- You need 500 gram of ready Kunafa dough.
- You need 100 g of unsalted melted butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of powder sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of grape molasses or honey.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of liquid yellow food colouring (optional).
- It’s of For the filling:.
- It’s 250 grams of Nuts roasted and crushed coarse (almond -pistcshios -hazelnuts).
- It’s 50 g of seedless raisins.
- Prepare 50 g of fine grated coconut.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of For the syrup:.
- Prepare 2 cups of white sugar.
- You need 11/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of For serving:.
- Prepare of Coarse grinded pistachios.
- It’s of ice cream with your favorite flavor.
- It’s of Requirements: suitable oven try with diameter of 30 cm greased with little butter.
Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Golash Knafeh Nuts. Mousa Khayat quit his job as a dental technician in favour of a sweeter goal: to make authentic Palestinian knafeh for eager Melbourne crowds. Knafeh is a Middle Eastern dessert with a shredded filo dough crust Knafeh looks more difficult to make than it really is. The most difficult part might be finding the ingredients.
Kunafeh with nuts step by step
- To prepare the syrup: In a saucepan over a medium heat, melt the sugar and water and let it boil for 7 minutes, then add the lemon juice and boil for another 3 minutes, then remove of the fire and let it cool completely..
- Keep Kunafa dough in a wide tray and then cut it to small chunks by scissors..
- Add food coloring to melted butter then pitched over Kunafa dough and then add the powdered sugar and grape molasses and mix well until homogeneous..
- Spread half kunafeh dough in the oven tray and press it by hand and level the surface..
- Mix the filling ingredients together and then spread it over the first layer of Kunafa and press by hand , then cover with the second half of Kunafa dough and press by hand and level the surface ..
- Place the tray in the oven at a temperature of 180 C on the middle shelf and heat from the top and bottom for the duration of 25-30 minutes until cooked and golden ..
- Pour the cool syrup on kunafeh and let it cool for 20 min. before serving with pistachios and icecream..
As the sweet, sticky, cheesy treat has entered contemporary cuisine, knafeh is open to interpretation by home cooks, restaurant chefs and hipsters. It's #FoodFight time – are you nuts about Knafeh or sweet on Sticky Toffee Pudding? Watch the video and let us know in the comments. Delicately crunchy smooth knafeh crust, cradling a molten layer of ooegy gooey cheese. A drizzle of scented sugar syrup, adds the finishing sweet touch to the classic favorite!