PESTO PASTA and BEAN SALAD with GARLIC BREAD. Fava-Bean Pasta Salad with Garlic-Scape Pesto. Drain and rinse beans with cold water. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat.
Lightly brush one side of bread with garlic butter. Fresh herb pesto makes a flavorful dressing for a springy pasta salad studded with green peas. Chopped walnuts add delicious crunch and fresh lemon juice brightens it up. You can cook PESTO PASTA and BEAN SALAD with GARLIC BREAD using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of PESTO PASTA and BEAN SALAD with GARLIC BREAD
- Prepare of pasta.
- It’s 400 grams of spaghetti.
- It’s 2 of small potatoes, peeled & diced.
- You need 1/2 bunch of basil, chopped.
- You need 1 of avocado, cut into quarters.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed with knife.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil + extra (if needed).
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- It’s of salad.
- You need 250 grams of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters.
- You need 1 handful of rocket leaves, torn.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 bunch of coriander, chopped.
- You need 200 grams of cannellini beans.
- You need of salad dressing.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of agave syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- You need of bread.
- It’s 1 of herb & garlic butter (refer to recipes) sliced into rounds.
- You need 1 of baguette, cut 5-10cm (vegan bread).
In a large bowl, combine the pasta and peas. Add the pesto little by little until salad is adequately dressed. Two quick ideas for using up leftover pesto. Pasta Aglio e Olio with Blackened Chicken
PESTO PASTA and BEAN SALAD with GARLIC BREAD step by step
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes, cook for 5 minutes. Stir, add the spaghetti. Cook for 8 mintues, until tender..
- In a food processor, add the basil, avocado, garlic and olive oil. Blitz until smooth. Add extra oil if to thick. Season..
- Grill on medium. Place a garlic & herb butter round onto each peice of baguette. Grill until butter melts & bread becomes crispy..
- Once cooked, remove spaghetti, drain, return to pot. Pour over the pesto, stir and place in a serving dish..
- Meanwhile, rince the cannellini beans under running water in a strainer. Put in a serving bowl, toss through the rest of the salad ingredients. In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients, mix and season to taste. Gently toss dressing and salad..
- Remove garlic bread from grill. Serve immediately..
- Note: the potatoes are ment to go mushy in with the pasta, it helps the pesto stick to the spaghetti..
Try this Pasta And Bean Salad W/pesto recipe, or contribute your own. PESTO DRESSING: In bowl, mix together basil, cheese, pine nuts, garlic and salt. In salad bowl, combine pasta and beans. Toss with enough pesto dressing to coat generously. This is a spin on classic pasta salad with a white beans, fresh summer vegetables, and a light vinaigrette.