Are You Hungarian (?) Goulash.
You can cook Are You Hungarian (?) Goulash using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Are You Hungarian (?) Goulash
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 medium of onion, chopped (I like mine pretty much pureed).
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tsp of caraway seeds, ground (I use my coffee grinder, makes for really interesting coffee the next go around if I forget to clean it).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Hungarian hot paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of grated lemon zest.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar (I had apple cider, just use a lil less).
- Prepare 4 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of pork or veal cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of peewee potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced.
Are You Hungarian (?) Goulash step by step
- In a large pan, (I use extra deep , heat butter and oil on medium high until butter has melted..
- Add onion to pan and sauteé until soft and golden brown, about ten minutes..
- Add your garlic and caraway to the onion and butter. Cook for approximately one minute..
- Time to add the paprika and lemon zest to the mix and stir that in well for about a minute or until aromatic..
- Now it's time to add your tomato paste..
- Add your vinegar and broth..
- Scrape up any tasty lil brown bits that have collected on the bottom of your pan..
- Add your pork or veal now and bring it all to a slow boil.
- Now is when you can season lightly with salt and pepper if you like, then lower heat to a medium low..
- Cover and simmer until your meat is very tender, stirring occasionally. This takes approximately an hour and a half..
- At this point you add your potatoes and cook them until they are fork tender, 20-30 mins. longer.
- You are now ready to dish up all your hard work, maybe sprinkle on some sharp cheddar and some red pepper flakes…. crusty French bread dipped in the gravy is amazing!.