Fried plantain. Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. When frying ripe plantains, you are coaxing the sugars to the surface of the plantains. Fried plantains are a delicious side dish or dessert traditional to many Latin American countries.
It's somewhat crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Sooo good that you can eat it as a side dish to rice & beans. Preparation With a small sharp knife cut ends from each plantain and halve crosswise. You can cook Fried plantain using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried plantain
- You need of Plantain.
- Prepare of Oil to fry.
- You need of Paprika.
- Prepare of Cayenne pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
Cut a lengthwise slit through skin along inside curve. Fried Plantains: A Versatile Latin American Classic. Plantains are commonly enjoyed in the Caribbean islands and Latin America. They're enjoyed at almost any time — as a snack, alongside your meal or.
Fried plantain step by step
- Wash your plantain well.
- Preheat your oven and put your plantain to cook for about 15 mins… It's easier to bake first to avoid the messiness that comes with peeling bananas.
- When done remove from the oven and leave to cool…. Don't be shocked that the plantain has turned black in colour 😂 it's normal they are not burnt🙈.
- Peel your plantain and cut them up diagonally or in circles.. whichever you prefer.
- Heat your oil up and prepare to fry the plantain.
- Fry till the plantain is a golden brown colour and remove from the pan and drain excess oil.
- Season with a pinch of salt, cayenne pepper, black and white pepper and paprika.
- Pair with any desired sauce/stew… In my case I paired it with some roast goat and kachumbari.
- Note that the plantain can also be eaten on its own as a breakfast meal as well or a snack.
Fried Plantain is one of the easy and fast Nigerian food recipes. It often features in Nigerian breakfast meals. Fried plantains are a delicious and easy starch option to add to any meal. For a vegan-friendly Choose plantains that are yellow with black spots for the best results. Here is an easy way to make sweet fried plantains using super ripe plantains.