Braided Brioche. This braided brioche recipe produces light and fine crumbs that is also soft and buttery. When you wake up to this sitting in your counter, this beautiful pastry makes all the waiting involved in making it all worth it. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe (photo tutorial follows below) Last week was a laid back kind of week as we were tending to my.
This egg- and butter-rich bread is delightfully tender. We love to use this dough for shaped and filled sweet breads. While this is a classic brioche dough, the braid and plain round aren't the classic shape this loaf would take in France, where it's generally presented in its traditional topknot form: a small round nestled atop a larger one. You can have Braided Brioche using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braided Brioche
- You need 6 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter/ margarine plus 1 tbl of butter.
- It’s 4 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 cup of bread flour.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolks and 1 tbl of water…egg wash.
- You need 3 tbsp of sliced almonds.
Brioche is a French bread so it's made with lots of butter. Challah is a Jewish tradition and eaten kosher so it does not have any dairy or butter in it. Brioche comes in many different shapes and sizes. You can bake it without braiding it in a loaf pan, you can braid it NOT in a loaf pan, just casually on a baking sheet, This braided baklava brioche is not for the faint of heart.
Braided Brioche instructions
- Put dough ingredients in bread machine. Set for "south's and press Start..
- When dough is ready, punch down on a lightly floured board. Cut into 3 sections and roll out to about 18 " and braid. Pinched at both ends and wield on egg wash. Cover for an hour in a warm place. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or till golden brown.
Yeast breads like this can be an animal for beginners, and the filling and braiding of this kind of loaf can be super tricky as well. But the reward, a sweetened and lightly spiced bread filled with nuts, honey, and loads of flavor, is totally worth it in every respect. A plain loaf of brioche is wonderful, but sometimes it's fun to put in a little extra effort to make it extraordinary. I know this all looks like a ton of work, but I promise it's not! Brioche Bread from Delish.com is as buttery as can be!