Sweet Potatoes. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. Are sweet potatoes good for you? Here's what you need to know about sweet potato nutrition, sweet potato health benefits, and more.
The sweet potato is probably one of the most-versatile vegetables. Find recipes for all the different ways you can prepare sweet potatoes here. Sweet potatoes are tuberous crops with the scientific name Ipomoea batatas. You can have Sweet Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potatoes
- You need 2 of large sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need 4 of pats of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pistachio nuts.
The plant is a creeper with heart-shaped or lobed leaves. The color of the tuber varies from purple to red to pale yellow and. Sweet potatoes are nutritious, high in fiber, very filling, and delicious. They can be eaten boiled, baked, steamed, or fried.
Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Microwave potatoes on high for 20 minutes.
- Wrap with aluminum foil leaving an opening lengthwise on top..
- Split the potatoes on the opened area of aluminum foil..
- Fluff with a fork a little bit of potatoes in the center. Add salt to each..
- Sprinkle each with the cinnamon..
- Add butter to each.
- Add nuts to each.
- Put into oven 15 minutes. Add more butter if you wish to..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colors, such as white. Sweet potatoes are a hearty, delicious veggie. Blend your sweet potatoes into a delicious soup balanced with ginger, coconut and lime. Any potato hash recipe is made better with sweet potatoes, and from there, you can add anything you want. The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a member of the Convolvulaceae family of flowering plants, which includes the morning glory, chokeweed, and water spinach.