Ona-Sadhya -Cherupayar-Banana Payasam–to see the 12 key items..follow the blog..
You can have Ona-Sadhya -Cherupayar-Banana Payasam–to see the 12 key items..follow the blog. using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ona-Sadhya -Cherupayar-Banana Payasam–to see the 12 key items..follow the blog.
- Prepare 2 cups of Cherupayar parippu.
- It’s 2 cups of plantains Ripe -cut to pieces.
- Prepare 750 gms of molasses extract – ..
- You need 4 tbsps of ghee.
- Prepare 100 gms of cashew nuts.
- You need 50 gms of kismis.
- Prepare of spices mix.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of ginger cardamom dried ,,and jerakam powdered.
- It’s 4 cups of coconut grated.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of coconut pieces cut to small pieces-..
- Prepare a pinch of salt.
Ona-Sadhya -Cherupayar-Banana Payasam–to see the 12 key items..follow the blog. step by step
- The cherupayar parippu is cleaned and fried in ghee till it is slightly brown. It is cooked soft in a pressure cooker and smashed well..
- The bananas are cut to small pieces sauted well with ghee and blended well..
- The cashew nuts are sliced and fried in ghee along with the kismis.The coconut pieces are sliced to very thin and small pieces and fried along with the above..
- Coconut milk is extracted from the coconut as follows. The first extract is taken adding one cup of warm water and just turning once in a mixie.The second extract is taken by adding two cups of water and slightly grinding in the mixie.There should be minmum 2 cups. The final extract of the coconut milk is also to be taken -2 cups.
- Sarkara is cleaned and it is dissolved in water by boiling with equal amount of water Cool it, filter and keep aside.
- Now mix the parippu, bananas, the sarkara(molasses) and the third extract of coconut milk and boil in a thick bottomed pan stirring continuously. When the mixture is boiled,add the second extract of milk and continue stirring. Now add the fried cashes,kismis,coconut slices,spices powder,a pinch of salt.Mix everything well and add the first extract of coconut milk,boil for 2 more minutes and take out from fire. If the payasam is too thick, you can add a cup or two of dairy milk before adding….