Khara Masala Lamb.
You can cook Khara Masala Lamb using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Khara Masala Lamb
- You need 1 kg of lamb shoulder cut ups.
- Prepare 4 of medium onions, chopped.
- It’s 5 of ripe tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 inch of piece of ginger, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 pods of black cardamom.
- It’s 4 pods of green cardamom.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black.
- Prepare of * peppercorns***.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- You need 8 of small whole red chillies (adjust to your tolerance of heat).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- You need 2 cups of plain yogurt.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
Khara Masala Lamb instructions
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium heat, add onions. Fry onions till opaque (not brown)..
- Add meat and continue to stir till meat is golden and juices are sealed in..
- Add ginger, garlic, tomatoes, salt and all the spices. Add 3 cups water, cover the pan and reduce heat to low..
- Leave it to simmer slowly for at least 1 hour or till most of the liquid evaporates.
- Now beat the yogurt till smooth and creamy, stir it into the pan, rise the heat to medium high. Keep stirring and cleaning the masala from the sides of the pan..
- Stir till there are no more white traces of yogurt and the oil separates from the masala..
- Garnish with green chilli peppers and coriander leaves, serve hot with nan bread or rice…