Buttermilk Biscuits. These Easy Buttermilk Biscuits are incredibly soft, tall, flaky, and buttery. Serve these with some jam, gravy, or your topping of choice for an easy and delicious breakfast! This recipe came from my great-great-grandmother, and was handed down to all the women in my family, and we are all Southern.
These homemade buttermilk biscuits are soft and buttery with hundreds of flaky layers! I thought it was about time it was updated. How to Make PERECT Buttermilk Biscuits that are tall, flaky, and tender. You can cook Buttermilk Biscuits using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar, white, apple or lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 cup of All-Purpose Flour (you could also use whole wheat flour for part of the 2 cups).
- It’s 4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Oil.
These Classic Southern Buttermilk Biscuits are light, tender, and the perfect match for a slice of ham, melted butter and honey, your favorite jam, or smothered in country gravy! Classic buttermilk biscuits are a staple in my household. Quick, easy, and light as a feather, they can be served for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner Classic buttermilk biscuits are a staple in my household. The recipe for these four-ingredient biscuits has been handed down for many generations. —Fran Thompson, Tarboro, North Carolina.
Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine milk and vinegar. Stir. Set aside..
- In a bowl, put in all dry ingredients. Stir with a wisk..
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk and oil. Stir to combine..
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of flour over dough and gently knead or fold the dough with spoon. Repeat once or twice until dough is much less sticky..
- Prepare a cookie sheet with Pam or Parchment Paper. Drop dough onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart..
- Bake for 8 – 9 minutes..
- Option: You can also add shredded cheddar cheese. Add the cheese to dough at end. Fold in. Drop on a cookie sheet and put a pinch of cheese on top..
- I also used these biscuits for my Chicken and Dumplings. Check it out https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367051-easy-chicken-dumplings.
For exquisitely flaky biscuits, F&W's Grace Parisi makes sure to do two things: Use lots of cold butter and chill the dough before baking it. These biscuits are about as buttery as they can get. We love them on their own, but slather them with homemade sausage gravy and. After baking hundreds of Southern buttermilk biscuit recipes, our Test Kitchen landed on this winning recipe for Our Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits. This no-fail biscuit recipe will make you look like a pro.