Fried Sweet Plantains.
You can cook Fried Sweet Plantains using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Sweet Plantains
- Prepare 3 of plantains.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of unsalted butter divided.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
Fried Sweet Plantains step by step
- Peel plantains. Cut off both ends then make three lengthwise slits in the skin. Peel off skin. Cut the plantains in half lengthwise..
- Heat 4 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Fry in a single layer until golden brown on bottom. Turn with spatula. Add cinnamon, vanilla and sugar. Let cook a few more seconds until golden brown on bottom checking often. Cook just long enough for sugar to caramelize. Just before serving melt remaining butter to finish the sauce. Serve immediately..