Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce. A leftover half-loaf of brioche can yield the most rich, yet easy bread pudding, taken over the top with homemade salted caramel sauce. You know how on cooking competition shows like Chopped, whenever they do the dessert round, someone invariably makes a bread pudding? A delectable bread pudding is baked with a rich layer of caramel sauce on the bottom.
The only thing else needed is maybe some ice cream. Salted Caramel Bread Pudding is a decadent dessert made with brioche or challah bread, half-n-half, eggs, butter, and brown sugar topped with a silky smooth salted caramel sauce. Bring on all the salted caramel! You can cook Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Prepare of Brioche Bread (about 8 cups when cubed).
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Caramel Sauce.
- You need of light brown sugar.
- It’s of half and half (or 2T cream/2T milk).
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of salt.
There's something so comforting about a warm bowl of bread pudding. This bread pudding with bourbon sauce recipe is a reader favorite, and for good reason. Bake hearty bread cubes in a vanilla custard, then finish it by drizzling a rich, caramel sauce over the top. To serve, spoon a puddle of caramel onto each dessert plate.
Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with butter, or spray with nonstick spray. My dish measures about 8×11 or so. (9×13 is too big for this in my opinion). Arrange bread cubes in baking dish to fit snug together and as evenly layered as possible..
- Wisk together sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined. Pour evenly over bread in baking dish. Using the back of a spatula gently press bread down into liquid. Let sit 15-20 minutes for bread to soak up a good amount of the liquid. Press down gently once more (do not "squish")..
- Place in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until just set in the center and top is golden (mine was 50 minutes). If edges start to brown too much you can loosely cover them with foil, but do not cover the dish completely (you'll get a soggy top)..
- While baking, make your caramel sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium heat wisk together brown sugar and half & half. When it starts to steam wisk in butter until melted. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, wisking constantly so not to burn. You are looking for it to thicken slightly and turn a nice "caramel" color (it will thicken even more as it cools). Remove from heat and set aside..
- When bread pudding is finished remove from oven. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting to serve hot. Or let cool completely then cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold. This is how we like it, and frankly I find it tastes best this way!.
Made with brioche, topped with seasonal fruit and a light caramel sauce, it's hard to beat Tartine's bread pudding. I imagine apples warmed in caramel sauce will make a lovely topping for this most delicious bread pudding. Just some quick notes here about the recipe Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts. Most recipes call for a soft white bread: brioche, challah, or even croissants. The caramel sauce for this bread pudding is a slight variation on a recipe from the blog Carlsbad Cravings.