Mamá's Tostones. Find nice green plantains (AKA plátanos). Run hot tap water on the plátanos to soften the peel. I usually score the plátanos but Mami just cuts with her paring knife!
Tostones (Spanish pronunciation: [tosˈtones], from the Spanish verb tostar which means "to toast") are twice-fried plantain slices commonly found in Latin American cuisine and Caribbean cuisine. Today I made for you my version of tostones rellenos or fried plantains stuffed with shrimp. Best tostones memes – popular memes on the site iFunny.co. You can have Mamá's Tostones using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mamá's Tostones
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- You need 1 medium of green plantain ( These are different from green bananas!!).
- It’s 8 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste (I used Adobo since I didn't have salt).
Receta fácil para preparar los patacones o tostones de plátano verde. Mama Pio Store. "The discovery of a new dish is more for humanity than the discovery of a big star, come and check it by yourself". Check out their menu for some delicious Latin American. Lunch, dinner, groceries, office supplies, or anything else.
Mamá's Tostones instructions
- Cut off the ends of the plantain and peel it by making a slit down a corner of the plantain and lifting the peel. Slice off any skin that's left over after peeling..
- Slice the plantains into half-inch thick circles..
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a small frying pan on medium-high temperature..
- Place a batch of 5 or 6 plantain slices in the hot oil and fry while flipping occasionally until golden on both sides or for about 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat this step with the remaining slices..
- Once all of the plantain slices have been fried, put them on a clean, flat surface (such as a cutting board) and smash the slices with a clean object that has a flat bottom (like a cup or a small plate.) If the plantain slices stick to the bottom of the object used to smash it, just use a knife to remove it. Be careful when smashing the plantain slices, you don't want them so flat that you're not able to pick them up without breaking..
- Put the flattened plantains back into to the hot oil in batches of 4 to 5 pieces and fry until golden brown. Remove the slices from the oil and put them onto a plate lined with a couple of paper towels or on a wire rack and season with your desired amount of salt and pepper immediately..
- These are best when eaten right away. Enjoy!.
Download Tostones stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Shutterstock koleksiyonunda HD kalitesinde Delicious Tostones Patacones Seafood temalı stok görseller ve milyonlarca başka telifsiz stok fotoğraf, illüstrasyon ve vektör bulabilirsiniz. Aprende a preparar Tostones con esta rica y fácil receta. Para hacerlos se debe usar plátanos verdes (plátano macho), se pueden hacer con plátanos pintones, no quedan igual pero igual son sabrosos. Patacones o Tostones son hechos con plátanos verdes pelados,cortados en trozos gruesos transversalmente y se fríen dos veces.