Sweet Plantain Lasagna.
You can have Sweet Plantain Lasagna using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Plantain Lasagna
- You need 6 of ripe plantains (should be nearly completely black).
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of 8 ounce pack of cream cheese.
- You need 1 small of onion (I like either white or yellow for this.).
- Prepare 1 small of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of whole eggs (whisked).
- It’s 1 of handful of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of olive or vegetable oil.
Sweet Plantain Lasagna step by step
- In a sauce pan add your oil, onion and bell pepper. Cook in a medium/low heat till cooked.
- Add your beef to the pan along with the tomato sauce..
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste..
- As your meat is doing its thing begin to work on your plantains. Once peeled cut them lengthwise and saute them in another sauce pan with oil till golden brown..
- Now is a good time to preheat your oven to 350..
- By now your meat should be brown and your plantains ready. Inside a deep and square baking pan you will want to add your 2 eggs. Once this is done you can begin to assemble like regular lasagna. Plantain, meat, cream cheese. Repeat once more (minus the egg). Top with a final layer of plantains and cheddar cheese..
- Bake for 30 minutes..
- Once removed from oven let it sit for 10 minutes and then enjoy..