chicken picatta. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess. Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, served with sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine.
Slices of chicken get dredged in seasoned flour, sautéed in butter, and smothered in an addictively tangy lemon-butter pan sauce studded with salty capers. Lightly flouring the cutlets lets them brown. Chicken piccata features chicken breasts simmered in a delicious caper and white wine sauce Chicken Piccata is one of my all time favorite dishes. You can cook chicken picatta using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of chicken picatta
- Prepare 2 lb of chicken or veal cutlets, pounded to 1/4" thick.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of softened butter, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, sliced paper thin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of capers, optional.
Chicken Picatta is an Italian dish similar to Chicken Francaise only Francaise dips the chicken into flour and an egg wash before pan frying; Piccata typically only dips. Butterfly the chicken breast and pound it thin. Dredge each piece in flour, shaking off the excess. In a skillet over high heat, melt three Tbsp. butter, and brown the chicken, the.
chicken picatta step by step
- heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in saucepan..
- season cutlets with salt and pepper. dip each in flour and shake off excess. saute until golden on each side..
- remove cutlets to a plate. pour off most of the pan drippings, leaving only a thin film. add broth and wine and boil briskly for 2 minutes, scraping up brown bits..
- return cutlets to pan and arrange lemon slices over top. cover and simmer on low 10-15 minutes, or until tender..
- transfer cutlets to a heated platter and surround with lemon slices..
- add capers, if using, to pan and boil briskly until reduced to a syrupy glaze. swirl in remaining tablespoon soft butter and lemon juice. pour over cutlets..
Chicken piccata is an Italian-American staple beloved for its piquant flavors cradled in a silky Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Chicken Piccata Recipe. "I have too many easy chicken dinner recipes," said nobody ever. And you guys agree, the more healthy the flavor, the more better. Not grammatically correct, but dang it tastes.