Gur kay chaawal (Gur Rice).
You can have Gur kay chaawal (Gur Rice) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gur kay chaawal (Gur Rice)
- Prepare 300 grams of gur.
- It’s 500 of grams/ half kg rice.
- You need 3 piece of daarcheeni (cinnamon).
- Prepare 4 piece of laung.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sonf (Aniseeds).
- Prepare 4 piece of ilaichi (cardamom).
- It’s 1 cup of banaspati/ghee.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Almonds crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Pistachio crushed.
Gur kay chaawal (Gur Rice) step by step
- Soak 1/2 kg rice in water. And soak 300 grams gur in water. Gur water should be double the quantity of rice. If rice is 1 cup, soak gur in two cups..
- Put ghee in cooking pot..
- Add the required laung, darcheeni, sonf and ilaichi into it. Fry for a while..
- Put the gur soaked water into your pot. And bring the mixture to boil on high flame..
- Drain and add rice into the boiling mixture. Wait until the water evaporates and you see just a few bubbles on top. Add in almonds and pistachio on top..
- Cover with the lid and slow the flame. Turn it very low..
- Open the lid after 12-15 minutes. And see if your rice have cooked soft..
- Your delicious gur chawal are ready. Garnish with almonds/pistachio and you may serve with the dates balls (recipie given before)..