Plantain patties. These pan-fried plantain patties are my favorite right now. How to make Molotes Plantain Patties Stuffed Recipe. Directions: Place plantains (whole and unpeeled) in a large pot.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Form into six thick patties and serve warm, topped with Escabeche or Mojito Fish. Plantains and beef actually pair celestially well! You can have Plantain patties using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Plantain patties
- Prepare 3 of firm but ripe plantains.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped chive.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic (grated).
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
Their coupling in these beef patties resulted in such a sweet, light and exotic flavor, it suddenly makes beef a very interesting food choice for breakfast. These green plantain patties are great for breakfast or even for a snack anytime of the day. It's also fast and easy to make. How to prepare Sweet and Savoury Plantain Patties step by step.
Plantain patties step by step
- Boil plantains until tender –about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain ,peel and mash with a potato masher. Add the chive, parsley , garlic , salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into patties . The starch in the plantains hold the patties together .As an alternative you can make small appetizer balls.
- Add oil and butter in a pan –under moderate heat fry patties until golden brown ..
- These can be served with any grilled , baked , fried meat as an alternative to potatoes..
- Note–you can also melt the butter mixed with the oil –brush both sides of these patties and grill or bake them.
Using a steamer, steam ripe plantains until soft. If you do not own a steamer, boil plantain with VERY LITTLE water and wait till. Herby Green Plantain Patties. by: Rashda Khan. I hope you enjoy the patties! Delicious golden plantain patties served with chilli sauce on a platter.