My Famous Fried Plantains.
You can have My Famous Fried Plantains using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Famous Fried Plantains
- You need 3 cup of of water.
- It’s 6 tbsp of of salt or to taste.
- You need 4 of pieces of Green or Yellow Plantains.
- It’s 1 tbsp of of Garlic Powder (optional).
- Prepare 2 cup of of oil for frying.
My Famous Fried Plantains instructions
- Mix salt and garlic powder in water in a large bowl..
- Peel the plantains and chop them up into 5-7 individual pieces. The bigger the pieces the bigger the fried product and vice versa..
- Placed plantain pieces in water solution.Let them soak for a while. Or until oil is hot..
- Place oil in a pot suitable for frying. I wouldn't suggest a frying pan. When oil is hot place soaked plantains in HOT oil and let them fry until they are golden/cooked..
- When plantains are done frying, place them on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Proceed to Flatten pieces either between the bottoms of durable plates of bowls. There is also a tool for this that can be found at most markets. I use it. I don't know what its called. 🙁 You can also use a can if the pieces are small..
- Dip flattened pieces in the salt and garlic water again ad place them in HOT oil. Briefly place them in the water. you don't want them to get too soggy! Fry until crisp and golden! Place on a paper towel to remove excess oil..