Vegan/Vegetarian Pie Crust.
You can cook Vegan/Vegetarian Pie Crust using 3 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan/Vegetarian Pie Crust
- You need 250 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 100 ml of Olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- It’s 50 ml of Water (or additive-free soy milk).
Vegan/Vegetarian Pie Crust step by step
- Add roughly half of the flour into a bowl..
- Combine half of the flour with all of the olive oil and mix together..
- This is how the mixture from Step 2 should look when mixed..
- Add the remaining flour to the mixture from Step 3 and mix in gently with a fork..
- When the mixture becomes crumbly like in this photo, add in the water..
- This is how it should look when the water has been added..
- Mix everything together briskly and gather the dough into a ball..
- Roll the dough out flat. The dough will be easier to roll if you do this on a sheet of parchment paper..
- When you've rolled it out a bit, fold the dough in half over itself..
- Roll the dough out again. Repeat the steps above twice more, rolling and folding. If any crumbs or bits of dough fall of, make sure to fold them back in..
- Roll the dough out until roughly 3 mm thick. If the dough is hard to roll, of if it's crumbling to much, add a bit more water to hold things together better..
- Shape the dough into the tin that you are going to use and pierce its it several times with a fork so that it doesn't expand too much in the oven. If you have any pie weights please use them at this stage of the recipe..
- Bake the pie crust in an oven preheated to 200ºC for 10-13 minutes. When it's cooked to how you want it, remove the pie crust from the oven and leave it to cool..
- This crust works great in apple pies and with other tart ingredients Please feel free to give it a try..