Chocolate Toffee Brittle.
You can cook Chocolate Toffee Brittle using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Toffee Brittle
- You need 10 – 15 of Digestive biscuits Matzo / unsalted crackers / etc..
- You need 1 cup of dark Brown sugar firmly packed (I used regular brown sugar).
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted Butter (200 grams).
- It’s 1 cup of chocolate chopped bittersweet or dark or semi-sweet.
- Prepare of nuts ginger sea salt peanut butter chocolate Toppings, like chopped , candied , , chips, and chips, sprinkles etc..
Chocolate Toffee Brittle instructions
- Preheat over to 200 C / 400 F.
- Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil & place digestive biscuits or matzo or unsalted saltine crackers. Place them in one layer on the baking sheet, breaking it when necessary to fill the pan completely..
- Melt butter on a microwave safe bowl (you can also do it on a pan..
- Add brown sugar and stir well. Again microwave / heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar has melted well..
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, continue to cook for about 2 minutes. Keep stirring until the mixture has thickened a bit and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan / bowl..
- Once the sugar & butter mixture is ready, remove from heat and pour over the prepared biscuits, spreading an even layer with a heat-proof spatula..
- Put the baking pan in the oven, then immediately turn the heat down to 170C / 350°F. Bake for 15 minutes, but make sure it doesn't burn. If it looks like it is starting to burn, turn heat down to 150C / 325°F..
- After 15 minutes, the toffee would have bubbled up and turned a rich golden brown. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate over the pan. Let it sit for 5 minutes, and then spread the now-melted chocolate evenly over the caramel with a spatula..
- You can leave it just as is, or sprinkle the brittle with toppings like chocolate chips, sprinkles, crushed almonds or cashews while the chocolate is still melted..
- Let the mixture cool down for 1-2 hours. Then break it into smaller pieces and store in an airtight container..
- This should stay well in the fridge up to about a week..