Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb.
You can have Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 clove of garlic.
- You need 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of lemon, zested.
- You need 1 handful of fresh basil, finely sliced.
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 4 of sole fillets, skinless and deboned.
Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb step by step
- Add the panko to a small non-stick pan on medium heat. Keep the crumbs moving until they start to take on colour, about 2 to 3 minutes. Use a microplane to grate in the garlic and add 2 tbsp olive oil to slightly moisten the crumbs. Keep on the heat, stirring frequently, until the crumbs are golden brown, about another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Remove the crumbs to a bowl and add the remaining olive oil, lemon zest, basil, and a pinch of salt. Stir together and set aside..
- Add the butter to a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Season the sole fillets with salt and a little pepper. When the butter's fully melted and starting to turn golden, add the fish and fry for 2 minutes per side. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon onto the fillets, then remove them to a serving plate..
- Continue cooking the butter until it's the colour of caramel. Pour the sauce over the fish, then sprinkle the crumb generously over that. Serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges..