Sig's Knaidlach (Matzo).
You can have Sig's Knaidlach (Matzo) using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Knaidlach (Matzo)
- You need 175 grams of medium Matzo meal (Matzo crackers crushed).
- It’s 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 45 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic ,crushed (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1/2 of onion,finely grated.
- You need 2 pinch of of chicken or vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s 85 ml of of water.
Sig's Knaidlach (Matzo) step by step
- Combine the Matzo meal with the eggs,oil,garlic if using,parsley, onion,salt and pepper in a large bowl.Only add little pinches of the stockcube if using, these re salty.Add the water and mix until they form a soft thick paste.Cover the batter and chill for at least thirty minutes,it should become firm.Bring a pan of water to boil, have a bow of water next to stove.Dip to tablespoons in water,than take a spoonful of the batter and with wet hands roll into even sized balls,slipping them into boiling water,reduce heat to simmer,try and work quick.Cook for 20 minutes.Remove the Matzo from pan and transfer to a plate.Reheat your soup of choice, use two or three Matzo for each bowl of soup..
- To make for a lighter Matzo, separate the eggs and add to mixture,whisk egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture..