Red Pepper Fish Stew.
You can cook Red Pepper Fish Stew using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Pepper Fish Stew
- Prepare 6 lb of Red Snapper (or any boned fish) sliced 4/5cm thick.
- Prepare 1 oz of Red Palm Oil.
- It’s 2 oz of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of scotch bonnet peppers.
- Prepare 2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 2 of fresh tomatos.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatos.
- Prepare 1 tsp of All purpose seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Hot Curry Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 packages of Maggi Cubes.
- Prepare 1 of Fish Seasoning.
- It’s 1 cup of large cup of water.
- Prepare 4 cup of white rice.
- You need 1 of plantain.
Red Pepper Fish Stew instructions
- Blend tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 onion, 2 scotch bonnets & red bell pepper until smooth and set aside.
- Add water to a pot, with fish seasoning (alongside any other seasoning, to taste) and boil for 4-5 minutes, remove the fish and place aside but keep water..
- In a large pot, on high heat, add vegetable oil, alongside with chopped fresh tomatoes and onion..
- Lower heat and add red palm oil along with 1 Maggi cube and hot curry powder and all purpose seasoning, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the pot back on high heat and cook on a high heat for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently..
- (Be careful) add blended peppers to the pot and keep on a high heat and cook for a further 20 minutes, half way, add the rest of the curry powder, all purpose seasoning and the other Maggi cube, also add a pinch of salt and boil..
- Whilst the pot is boiling, place the boiled fish on a tray, season, and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining water that the fish was boiled in and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring. (At this point you can taste the stew and add any additional seasoning to taste).
- Remove the fish from the oven and place inside the stew and simmer on a very low heat for a further 10 minutes, cover the pot with a lid during this time..
- Serve with white rice and plantain and enjoy!.